Did you transfer to a four-year university before you earned your associate degree?
Students now have the option to transfer four-year university credits back to their Monroe County Community College to complete their associate degree through Reverse Transfer!
Transfer students may indicate their interest in reverse transfer by completing a Reverse Transfer Transcript Release Form from their 4-year college or university in order to have their transcript sent back to MCCC. MCCC will then evaluate the coursework to determine if degree requirements are met and if a degree will be awarded. Any MCCC degree or other credential will be awarded in the semester or year all final requirements are met.
Why Reverse Transfer?
The associate degree is a marketable credential for your resume and an important milestone in your education. Employers value the associate degree as evidence of your commitment to expanding your knowledge and achieving your educational goals. The associate degree can make a difference in your long-term success:
- An associate degree can provide better job opportunities while completing your bachelor's degree.
- The associate degree is the nation's fastest growing work credential; employers recognize its value when recruiting and hiring.
- Students who earn an associate degree are more likely to complete their bachelor's degree.
- There is no risk to you - even though you are applying the hours you have earned at your 4-year college or university toward an associate degree at MCCC, your hours earned will still apply toward your bachelor's degree.
Monroe County Community College has Reverse Transfer Agreements with universities listed below. Click on the link below to find the Reverse Transfer form to be completed.
If you are attending a different University, please follow the simple two-step process below.
- Click on the following link 'Reverse Transfer Degree Application Form'. Print, complete and return the Reverse Transfer form and return it to the MCCC’s Registrar’s Office.
- Have official transcripts sent to MCCC from all colleges and universities you have attended (many will have online options for transcript requests).
MCCC will then evaluate your official transcripts and send you a degree audit evaluation that outlines your progress and next steps for completing or receiving your Associates Degree!