Steps to enroll at MCCC
STEP 1 - Complete an MCCC
Application for Admission. You can receive an application by:
- Calling (734) 384-4104, or the Whitman
Center (734) 847-0559 or
- Visiting the Admission's Office in Building
A on the MCCC main campus or the Whitman center; or
- Submit an application
STEP 2 - Apply for financial
aid. There is a wide variety of resources available to students,
however, it is recommended that you apply as early as possible.
Files completed after the deadline date may not receive funding before the start of the semester. You can get started by:
- Applying online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Calling (734) 384-4135,
- Visiting the Financial Aid Office in
Building A, Room 159 on the MCCC Main Campus.
STEP 3 - Complete one of the following placement options:
If you have special needs or a disability, call the Learning Assistance Lab (734) 384-4167 to meet with a special needs counselor.
- Submit ACT scores:
- English - 18 or higher
- Reading - 18 or higher
- Math - 20 or higher
- Provide proof of 12 or more transferrable credit hours from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Take the COMPASS placement test.
- COMPASS is an untimed, computerized assessment test that helps to evaluate your skills in reading, writing, and math and is used by MCCC's counselors to assist in course selection.
- The COMPASS test should be taken seriously. We recommend taking practice tests at http://www.monroeccc.edu/reginfo/compass-help.htm
|COMPASS is offered at two locations.
On the Main Campus, it is offered in the Regional Computer Technology Center in Room 157 of the West Technology Building. Call (734) 384-4255 for a schedule of testing times. At the Whitman Center, it is offered in the Business Learning Lab, Room 1. Call (734) 847-0559.
Click here for more COMPASS Placement Test Information.
STEP 4 - Schedule an appointment
(734) 384-4104 with a counselor to review your COMPASS and/or ACT scores and discuss course selection or remediation.
STEP 5 - Register for classes
- Fall Semester - April through start of classes
- Winter Semester - November through start of classes
- Spring/Summer Semester - March through start of classes
STEP 6 - Pay tuition and fees. Payment deadlines are: (check deadlines in the Academic Calendar)
- Fall - July
- Winter - November
- Spring - April
- Summer - June
STEP 7 - Attend New Student Orientation. MCCC offers online and in-person orientation programs. The online orientation session is available at http://www.monroeccc.edu/orientation/. The schedule for the live orientation sessions will be provided at the time of registration for classes.
STEP 8 - Remediation Options. Student with COMPASS scores below the minimum levels in writing, reading or math will have a limited enrollment status and may require remediation.
The Office of Lifelong Learning offers remediation through its Educational Enhancement Courses including COMPASS prep classes and a College Bridge Course for more intense remediation.
La-Z-Boy Center, Room 286
Bedford Adult Education offers free basic skills courses for Michigan residents.
International Student Admission
More Information here: http://www.monroeccc.edu/admissions/foreign_student_admission.htm
Questions? Contact Admissions
at (734) 384-4104 or 1-877-YES MCCC.