- Priority: Educational Excellence – The core of MCCC’s mission is to provide educational excellence by facilitating high-quality teaching and learning. To this purpose, the following strategies have been identified:
- Student Success – Promote student success by providing comprehensive services and effective pedagogical practices.
- Higher Educational Opportunities – Support and develop a wide variety of educational opportunities.
- Campus Environment – Continue to develop and maintain a safe, accessible, welcoming and student-focused learning environment.
- Cultural Enrichment – Enhance diversity and expose learners to various cultural experiences.
- Technology – Provide and promote the use of technology.
- Staff Development – Encourage and support professional development for all employees.
- Priority: Evidenced-based Culture – In support of MCCC’s mission, create an evidence-based culture by committing to data-driven planning, evaluation and decision making. To this purpose, the following strategies have been identified.
- Planning – Gather data as evidence to establish institutional strategic planning priorities.
- Assessment – Establish processes that will provide reliable evidence of student learning.
- Evaluation – Implement valid and reliable methods for evaluating performance across all areas, departments and divisions.
- Priority: Resource Management – Sound resource management will play a critical role in supporting MCCC’s Mission. To this purpose, the following strategies have been identified.
- Integrity – Support transparency, disclosure, stewardship and understanding of resource management.
- Physical Resources – Effectively utilize and maintain current facilities while continuously assessing future need.
- Accessibility – Maintain an affordable tuition rate, and promote, create, and expand scholarship opportunities and financial aid programs.
- Human Resources – Attract, support and retain a highly-qualified and diverse workforce.
- Financial Resources – Effectively manage college financial resources and pursue alternative funding.
- Priority: Governance – The governance practices of MCCC are essential to fulfilling its mission. To this purpose, the following strategies have been identified.
- Shared Governance – Evaluate the college governance system to ensure two-way communication and accountability in decision making.
- Communication – Disseminate information through an inclusive communication model.
- Transparency – Embrace a decision-making model that fosters transparency, trust and accountability.
- Engagement – Increase participation by all stakeholders in the governance process.
- Priority: Partnerships – In support of MCCC’s mission, the college will seek opportunities to increase collaborative partnerships with the community. To this purpose, the following strategies have been identified.
- Community Engagement – Establish pathways to increase collaboration.
- Service Learning – Provide learning opportunities that promote volunteerism and community service.
- Accountability – Demonstrate ways the college responds to the community’s learning needs.