If you are planning to earn a certificate or a degree, you’ll want to make sure you’re taking the right classes. It will help to keep track of the courses you take, follow your program of study or transfer guide, and to meet with your faculty advisor to make sure you’re on the right track.
All associate degrees at MCCC require:
- Minimum of 60 credit hours, 20 of which must be earned at MCCC
- 2.0 GPA
- Completion of following general education coursework:
- -ENGL 101 or ENGL 151
- -Math course numbered 119 or higher, BSMTH 101 or satisfactory score on a standardized mathematics test.
- -POLSC 151
- –An approved science course (4 credits) – see catalog
- -CIS 130, MDTC 160, WPR 102 or WPR 110, or BMGT 160 or achieve a satisfactory score on the Computer Skills Assessment
There are four types of degrees available at MCCC:
Associate of Arts (AA)
Associate of Science (AS)
Associate of Applied Science (AAS)
Associate of Fine Arts (AFA)
Please check the current catalog for specific requirements: http://www.monroeccc.edu/catalog/index.htm
To Apply for a Degree:
Once you’ve earned about 40 credit hours, you’ll want to complete and submit an “Application for Degree” to the Registrar’s Office, and then you’ll know you’re on track to graduate. You will be added to the graduation list and will be sent information about Commencement (which is held once a year, usually in early May).
Next step... Rights & Responsibilities >>