There are many benefits of online courses at MCCC:
- Less restrictive scheduling
- Intensive self-study
- Course material is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Some students struggle in an on-line format. Other students excel. Students who excel in an on-line format are:
- Highly self-motivated
- Possess good time management skills
- Know how to study independently
- Possess good communication skills
Online classes at MCCC utilize Blackboard communication tools, such as email, discussion boards and chats to interact with the instructor and other students.
Online classes at MCCC are not self-paced. Students must complete exams, assignments, etc. by specified due dates.
Hardware and Software
- Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher, Mozilla Firefox 5.0 or higher or Safari 4.0.
- AOL is not recommended. If using AOL, please minimize the window and open either Internet Explorer or Mozilla.
- Cookies must be enabled.
- Java must be enabled
- Microsoft Word 2007 or higher is required.
- Microsoft Office Suite is recommended.
- Adobe Reader 8.2 or higher is required.
Other System Requirements:
- High speed or broadband Internet connection is recommended; 56k connection is required.
- Printer, video and sound cards.
- CD-ROM drive (minimum 16x speed is suggested) is required.
Additional course specific technology may be required, see the individual course requirements listed above.