There are many benefits of online courses at MCCC:
- Less restrictive scheduling
- Intensive self-study
- Course material is accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Some students struggle in an on-line format. Other students excel. Students who excel in an on-line format are:
- Highly self-motivated
- Possess good time management skills
- Know how to study independently
- Possess good communication skills
Online classes at MCCC utilize Blackboard communication tools, such as email, discussion boards and chats to interact with the instructor and other students.
Online classes at MCCC are not self-paced. Students must complete exams, assignments, etc. by specified due dates.
Hardware and Software
- Mozilla Firefox 31 or higher (recommended browser for Blackboard)
- Google Chrome 36 (recommended browser for Blackboard)
- Safari 6 or higher
- Internet Explorer 9 or higher (IE compatibility view settings will need to be adjusted for optimum Blackboard use)
- Edge 1 or higher (some limitations exist)
- Microsoft Office 2013 is recommended
- Microsoft Office Suite is recommended
- Adobe Reader 9.0 or higher
Other System Requirements:
- High speed or broadband Internet connection is recommended.
- Additional course specific technology may be required, see the individual course requirements listed above.
- Printer, video and sound cards, CD-ROM drive
For the most current Blackboard operating system and browser requirements, please go to
http://www.monroeccc.edu/distancelearning/elearning_student.htm and access the “Blackboard Browser Requirements” link.