FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 11, 2016
Joe Verkennes, Director of Marketing and Communications
Monroe County Community College
1555 S. Raisinville Rd., Monroe, MI 48161
(734) 384-4207 (O), (419) 343-3063 (M)
MCCC PRESIDENT TO PRESENT ‘STATE OF THE COLLEGE
ADDRESS TO THE COMMUNITY’ OCT. 25
MONROE, Mich. – Monroe County Community College President Dr. Kojo A. Quartey will present the State of the College Address to the Community on Oct. 25 from 7:45-9 a.m. at the headquarters of Monroe Bank & Trust.
The event, which is open to the public, will be held in the 4th Floor Assembly Room. MBT’s headquarters are located at 10 Washington St. in Downtown Monroe.
Quartey, the fifth president of MCCC, completed his third full year in office on Aug. 1.
At the address, Quartey will cover the following topics:
- The college’s 5-year Maintenance and Improvement Millage
- MCCC’s enrollment numbers, which have stabilized after numerous years of decreases
- The college’s various community partnerships
- The new Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship at MCCC
- Potential agricultural programs/partnership with the Michigan State University Extension
About Monroe County Community College
Founded in 1964, Monroe County Community College is a public, two-year institution supported by tax monies from Monroe County, educational funds from the State of Michigan and student tuition.
The college’s mission is to enrich and transform lives by providing opportunities and excellence in higher education. The Main Campus is located at 1555 South Raisinville Road, Monroe, Mich., 48161, with easy access to Toledo and Detroit. The Whitman Center is located at 7777 Lewis Ave.,Temperance, Mich., 48182, near the Ohio-Michigan Border. Detailed information about MCCC is available at www.monroeccc.edu.