FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 8, 2016
Joe Verkennes, Director of Marketing and Communications
Monroe County Community College
1555 S. Raisinville Rd., Monroe, MI 48161
(734) 384-4207 (O), (419) 343-3063 (M)
MCCC TO HOST PANEL DISCUSSION ON VOTING
IN CELEBRATION OF CONSTITUTION DAY
MONROE, Mich. – In celebration of Constitution Day, Monroe County Community College will host a panel discussion titled “Voting Your Conscience, Voting Your Constitution” on Sept. 15 at 7 p.m. in the La-Z-Boy Center, Meyer Theater.
The panel discussion is free and open to the public. MCCC is located at 1555 S. Raisinville Rd. in Monroe.
Panelists will include:
- Michael Bauerian, youth vice chair of the Michigan Republican Party
- Brandon Dillon, former state representative and chair of the Michigan Democratic Party
- Paul Homeniuk, treasurer of the Green Party of Michigan and former candidate for governor
- Ken Proctor, Libertarian candidate for the U.S. House of Representatives, 7th Congressional District
The panel discussion is sponsored by The Foundation at MCCC.
For more information, please contact Deminique Heiks, instructor of criminal justice, firstname.lastname@example.org or (734) 384-4157.
About Monroe County Community College
Founded in 1964, Monroe County Community College is a public, two-year institution supported by tax monies from Monroe County, educational funds from the State of Michigan and student tuition.
The college’s mission is to enrich and transform lives by providing opportunities and excellence in higher education. The Main Campus is located at 1555 South Raisinville Road, Monroe, Mich., 48161, with easy access to Toledo and Detroit. The Whitman Center is located at 7777 Lewis Ave.,Temperance, Mich., 48182, near the Ohio-Michigan Border. Detailed information about MCCC is available at www.monroeccc.edu.