|Welcome to the MCCC Wireless Network Information Page
This is what you need to get started:
- A laptop or notebook computer or PDA with either:
- Built-in wireless capabilities OR
- A wireless Ethernet card.
- An internet browser like Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox.
- If you have Windows XP installed on your computer, it is recommended you run Windows XP Service Pack 2 with the latest drivers for your wireless card which supports Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA). If you wish to connect with a different type of system, you will need to check with the hardware provider to make sure the system will support Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) security over the wireless network and how to set the system up to use the wireless and WPA.
Monroe County Community College is not responsible for problems with hardware or software as a result of connecting to the wireless network. The user is responsible for making sure his/her hardware and software is compatible with wireless access before attempting to connect.
Acceptable Use Policy
Monroe County Community College wireless network users are required to read and accept the terms of service as described in the MCCC acceptable use policy. The complete policy can be viewed at the following web link:
http://www.monroeccc.edu/policies/pdfs/200 Administration/238 acceptable use.pdf
Click below for instructions to access the wireless network based on your current operating system:
Windows 7 - pdf file
Windows Vista - pdf file
Windows XP - pdf file
Mac OS (coming soon)
The wireless network does not connect to any printers on campus. If you need to print from your computer, you will have to save data to a disk and take it to a lab with a printer.
When you are signed on to the wireless network you can access the library’s electronic databases as an On-Campus user. You do not need to log in to the databases with your library card.