MCCC has taken additional security measures to further protect staff e-mail by implementing Barracuda Spam Firewall. Barracuda will be used to scan all incoming Internet e-mail before it reaches the Outlook system.
What does this mean for you as an Outlook user?
- The amount of unsolicited commercial e-mail (commonly referred to as spam) that you receive will be drastically reduced.
- Your e-mail will be scanned for viruses before it gets to your inbox.
- You will have an option to receive a daily Quarantine Report alerting you when suspected spam and viruses have been intercepted.
- You will be able to choose from the Quarantine Report, the blocked messages you would like to see or delete or you may elect to simply delete them all.
- You will be able to maintain an "allowed sender list" of senders from whom you always wish to receive e-mail and a "blocked sender list" of senders from whom you never wish to receive e-mail.
- You and all other MCCC Outlook users will be protected from information gathering and exploitation techniques frequently used by hackers.
MCCC Barracuda Anti-spam Handbook (coming soon)
Barracuda Quarantine Login