Monroe County Community College offers many scholarship opportunities to students. There are a variety of scholarships available to students, so we encourage all students to apply. When applying for scholarships that require the student to have financial need, he/she must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), outlined on the How to Apply page.
For information on applying for scholarships for the 2013-2014 year, please visit the Stars Online Scholarship Application & Information page. The deadline to apply for scholarships at MCCC for the 2013-2014 year is April 1st.
Please click on the below links for a detailed list of scholarship opportunities:
Instructor Recommendation Forms
Industrial Technology Scholarships
- Mechanical Design Technology
- Auto Engineering Technology
- Product and Process (Manufacturing) Technology
- Electronics and Computer Engineering Technology
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Welding Technology
- Construction Management Technology
- X-TECH Scholarship
For your convenience, we have also gathered a list of Outside Source scholarships.
Important Things to Remember When Applying for Scholarships
Recipients will be contacted by the college and/or The Foundation at MCCC to complete the following tasks. It is very important that the recipient complete these tasks within the given deadline. In some cases the scholarship may be revoked if the tasks are not completed.
- Complete and return a Scholarship Recipient Information Release Form (only if you have been awarded a scholarship) along with a head and shoulders photograph.
- Write a thank you note to the donor of the scholarship you received and send it to the college or The Foundation depending on the scholarship.
- Attend a reception (depending on the scholarship) hosted by The Foundation at MCCC.
Also, become familiar with the award criteria for the scholarship you received. There may be an area of study/major, minimum credit hours, grade point average, and other requirements that are to be maintained throughout the academic year.