Upon successful completion of all degree requirements, graduates of this program should be able to:
- Develop the communication, teamwork, and leadership skills necessary to function productively and professionally.
- Understand the importance of life-long learning, and be prepared to learn and understand new technological developments in their field.
- Perform financial accounting functions using proper format and procedure based on GAAP.
- Perform managerial accounting functions using proper format and procedure.
- Prepare, analyze, and interpret financial statements and reports for service, merchandising and manufacturing companies.
- Demonstrate basic understanding of taxation.
- Demonstrate professional business communication skills.
- Perform accounting functions and applications in both a “manual” and a computerized environment.