In the event of an emergency, Monroe County Community College can send emergency alerts to anyone registered in the MCCC AlertNow Notification System. This system will allow MCCC personnel to communicate by sending a message to an email address, a text or voicemail message to cellular or land line. We anticipate using AlertNow to announce school delays or closing for inclement weather, as well as any other campus emergency.
What you need to know about receiving calls sent through MCCC AlertNow System
- Caller ID will display 411.
- AlertNow will leave a message on any answering machine or voicemail.
- If the AlertNow message stops playing, press any key 1-9 and the message will replay from the beginning.
- MCCC does not charge for this service. However, charges for minutes and text messages may apply. Consult your service provider for details. MCCC is not responsible for any charges you may incur.
The successful delivery of information is dependent upon accurate contact information for students, faculty and staff, so please make certain that you include your most current phone numbers and email when you register for this service. The MCCC AlertNow contact information (name and up to 5 phone numbers and 5 email addresses, 1 text message number) is maintained separately from the College's student record system and will not alter the information listed in your personal or employee records.
Note that the emergency alert system will only be used in case of an emergency, and all will be dialed simultaneously.
We are very excited to incorporate the AlertNow Notification System as a tool to improve emergency communications.
In an emergency, communicatons will be issued in the following priority order:
- Message to the MCCC AlertNow Notification System (phone/email/text message).
- Update to the website at www.monroeccc.edu/snow/.
- Recorded message to the college's Snow/Emergency College Closing Information Line at 734.384.4223.
- Local Radio and Television stations.
Please Note: Please allow 7 days for your registration to be processed, Register Early!
Don't forget to submit an update of information or remove/delete information form, if you withdrawal or are no longer enrolled at the college, this is not done automatically.
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information. You can also contact the Office of the Vice President of Student and Information Services for Registration information at 734.384.4316.